Skip to main content

Denver Engagement Photography, Rachel and James

Rachel and James' engagement session was so grand!  Rachel really wanted to do pictures with snow and since scheduling our schedules and snow all at the same time seemed so daunting, we were just keeping an eye on the weather and hoping we were all free.  And alas!  Predicted snow turned into real snow and we were all free!  I have known Rachel for such a long time and I really wanted these pictures to be perfect, I was very grateful that it worked.  We couldn't have asked for a better snowy day! 
 
 
 
 This was such a wonderful spot, it was the spot of their first kiss.  They told me the whole story, both with stars in their eyes and grins on their faces.  There had been some talk about what was up there and what Barteldes meant and somehow it led to that magical kiss.  Although, I do have to say so much of everything is magical with Rachel.  She is just amazing, spectacular and awesome.  And she has found someone just as special in James.  I am so happy for both of them.
You may wonder what in the world Rachel is doing and why James is holding her up...  I thought it would be so cute to write their summer wedding date in the snow.  Rachel was very willing to do such a thing, it is always so nice to have such accommodating couples!
 I love these at the Tattered Cover!  I was a little worried about the light because with the overcast sky and limited window seating and light, it was a tad bit dark in there!  I was very pleased with how they came out and am totally in love with them!
 
On the staircase, there was a draft, which was perfect for the hair blown look.  I so wish I could carry a draft in my camera bag!  How perfect would that be??

 

 Let's not say anything about the man in the corner...
 


 
 




 I love this one! And I love the snow and everything about this night was perfect!  I can't wait for the wedding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaak's Senior Pictures, Boulder

 Isaak was so easygoing and genuinely amazing to be around!  He wanted his senior pictures at sunset in Boulder, which is always a hit or a miss. There’s just something about that golden light hitting the rocks and mountains that makes everything feel magical. The only catch? Everyone else thinks so too. I picked this spot years ago because hardly anyone goes there. But this time, when we showed up, it was packed ! I couldn’t believe it. I was like, really?? Why here, today of all days? As it turns out, a sweet group of friends was setting up for a surprise proposal right in the middle of our spot. I mean, adorable, but also, the timing!  But honestly, that’s one of the things I love about my job, something unexpected always happens. Whether it’s weather changes, running late, surprise events, or wardrobe hiccups, it's always a challenge! And every single time, it ends up being even better than what I planned. We wandered off a bit and found these incredible rocks off...

Brayden, Golden, Co.

 When Brayden said he wanted to do his senior pictures at Red Rocks, I was totally on board, Red Rocks is always amazing and absolutely beautiful! The only problem was the day we were doing them there was a concert.  I was very nervous! I’ve done sessions there before when a concert was happening that night, and it just a very adventurous thing to do. There are so many cars!  And people.  They are everywhere!  I didn’t even know who was performing that night, but that doesn't mean much...  I was crossing my fingers that it would all work out. And thankfully it did! It was perfect. There weren’t many people around until the doors opened, and that gave us such an amazing window to get some incredible shots. These are probably some of the greatest images I have taken at the tunnel! It was very exciting! We were lucky to be blessed with some beautiful deer! You can see all the cars starting to show up!  I was going to take them out, but then I was...

Sage's Senior Pictures, Boulder

 When I first showed up for Sage’s senior session, I just knew it was going to be something special. She was a little shy at first, but right away I could tell what a sweet and genuine young lady she is. And once she warmed up, she started to shine—it was such a joy to capture! The locations she chose were absolutely perfect, and they fit her so well. And then, as if the day knew how amazing Sage is, the sun came out just for her. It had been hiding behind the clouds for quite a while, but suddenly it burst through, lighting up her gorgeous hair and giving everything this beautiful, glowy warmth. It honestly felt magical, and I couldn’t have been more excited. Photographing Sage was such an honor. She’s kind, authentic, and absolutely radiant—I just adored every moment of her session! She has the greatest smile! I love these in the water!  It was such a beautiful day! I love this one!  It is just magical! Her and her brother are so cute! I love these in the grasses!...