Skip to main content
I wanted to share some of the images from Alaska! We had a great time, even with all the rain and stubborn un-setting sun!


These first images are from our extra long lay-over in Seattle - which turned out to be sunny and warm. Unfortunately, we had a disposable camera, so some of the Pike's Market images are underexposed.





This is one of my favorite images!



These guys were amazing and funky! The band name is The Walkin' Pesos, I highly recommend taking a listen.

This was an incredible store with vintage clothing, and I picked up a card, but now I can't find it, otherwise I would post their information.

We stayed at the Hampton for a couple of nights and they have done a wonderful job with branding. Everywhere you look they have interesting black and white photographs - much like eye candy (which I love!)








This may seem strange, to photograph a cup of coffee, and I'm sure 10 minutes into it the Baritsta's were wondering what I was up too... But it was so beautiful, I didn't want my husband to drink it before I captured the perfect image!



It rained so hard one day, we couldn't get out of the car...



This was the bedroom at one of our other hotels.













This is part of the Alaskan pipeline.




This is a map of the Alaskan pipeline.









For crazy people, like us, they have rooms that are -40F. Not sure why we agreed to pay to go into the room... They gave us a cup of warm water to throw into the air, and it disintegrated before it hit the ground. Totally crazy! Mine actually froze and broke all over the ground because I didn't throw it high enough.


Outside the crazy room, my glasses fogged over - and stayed that way for about 5 minutes.

Here is a picture of my fogged glasses, with a fogged camera lens.





This cemetery was amazing! It was a historical cemetery in Fairbanks and after we had been there a while the caretaker came and told us some fascinating stories.



This soldier's dog tags are actually mounted on his tomb! The story is, he drowned in a lake. And he hated to swim. Not only that, he was constantly being written up for being a sloppy dresser and his clothes were found on the shore folded perfectly. The theory is he had been seen with "Russian men" and they may have done away with him for one reason or another.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Isaak's Senior Pictures, Boulder

 Isaak was so easygoing and genuinely amazing to be around!  He wanted his senior pictures at sunset in Boulder, which is always a hit or a miss. There’s just something about that golden light hitting the rocks and mountains that makes everything feel magical. The only catch? Everyone else thinks so too. I picked this spot years ago because hardly anyone goes there. But this time, when we showed up, it was packed ! I couldn’t believe it. I was like, really?? Why here, today of all days? As it turns out, a sweet group of friends was setting up for a surprise proposal right in the middle of our spot. I mean, adorable, but also, the timing!  But honestly, that’s one of the things I love about my job, something unexpected always happens. Whether it’s weather changes, running late, surprise events, or wardrobe hiccups, it's always a challenge! And every single time, it ends up being even better than what I planned. We wandered off a bit and found these incredible rocks off...

Brayden, Golden, Co.

 When Brayden said he wanted to do his senior pictures at Red Rocks, I was totally on board, Red Rocks is always amazing and absolutely beautiful! The only problem was the day we were doing them there was a concert.  I was very nervous! I’ve done sessions there before when a concert was happening that night, and it just a very adventurous thing to do. There are so many cars!  And people.  They are everywhere!  I didn’t even know who was performing that night, but that doesn't mean much...  I was crossing my fingers that it would all work out. And thankfully it did! It was perfect. There weren’t many people around until the doors opened, and that gave us such an amazing window to get some incredible shots. These are probably some of the greatest images I have taken at the tunnel! It was very exciting! We were lucky to be blessed with some beautiful deer! You can see all the cars starting to show up!  I was going to take them out, but then I was...

Sage's Senior Pictures, Boulder

 When I first showed up for Sage’s senior session, I just knew it was going to be something special. She was a little shy at first, but right away I could tell what a sweet and genuine young lady she is. And once she warmed up, she started to shine—it was such a joy to capture! The locations she chose were absolutely perfect, and they fit her so well. And then, as if the day knew how amazing Sage is, the sun came out just for her. It had been hiding behind the clouds for quite a while, but suddenly it burst through, lighting up her gorgeous hair and giving everything this beautiful, glowy warmth. It honestly felt magical, and I couldn’t have been more excited. Photographing Sage was such an honor. She’s kind, authentic, and absolutely radiant—I just adored every moment of her session! She has the greatest smile! I love these in the water!  It was such a beautiful day! I love this one!  It is just magical! Her and her brother are so cute! I love these in the grasses!...